Loving yourself is something that is incredibly overlooked in modern society, yet, it is arguably one of the things many of us need to work on the most.
Loving yourself is a practice that in order to fully embrace, must be applied in all aspects of your life. Here, we will explore 5 things you can do to maximize self-love:
- Challenge Yourself Often: constant improvement is key. By challenging yourself on a regular basis, you are constantly evolving as an individual. Always striving to push the boundaries of what the best version yourself is, is an incredibly powerful way to implement self-love.
- Work For It: It is not easy to love yourself: it is something that requires constant, persistent effort. If you think about it, most of the best things in life do not come easy. They come from hard work, commitment, and dedication.
- Treat Your Body With Respect: physical health is essential to self-love. By eating foods that nourish you and engaging in physical activity, you are setting yourself up for a longer, better life. Respecting your body is an investment in your future. It is ok to occasionally indulge in junk food or to take a break from staying active. It is a practice that is very much focused on the long-term and is not achieved overnight. But trust me, it is so worth it.
- Treat Your Mind With Respect: mental health is SO important. Everything starts with mindset. If you have a bad mindset, your life will suck. There is no getting around it. If you are able to control your thoughts and not let the negative ones that don’t serve you take control, you are sitting in the passenger’s seat of your life. You are letting life happen to you rather than choosing how to navigate through life. Meditation is a very useful tool that calms the mind and allows you to be in the driver’s seat of your life.
- Invest Your Time In People That Lift You Up And Avoid People Who Drag You Down: You know the saying “your network is your net-worth?” This is not a frivolous statement. It could not be more true. The more time you waste on people that are toxic or drag you down, the more harm it will do to you. Your time is your most valuable commodity. Spend it wisely. Only give it to people that deserve it.