Toxic relationships are one that feed off of each person’s worst personality traits and tendencies on a consistent basis or enough that is creates additional trauma where there’s already a wound. Here are 5 ways to tell if you are not in a healthy relationship.
- Your friends all hate him or her: if you are finding yourself getting super defensive because all your different friends from different groups are giving you shit for your relationship, maybe think twice, your friends want the best for you.
- Your relationship makes you feel worse more than it makes you feel better on a regular basis: maybe at first in the honeymoon phase things were different, things were lighter and more fun, not now reality has sunk in and most of you tine is spent in a worse mood than normal than a better one.
- DRAMA: since getting into a relationship, has the amount of drama in your life changed? If so, is it better or worse? A relationship is supposed to make your life better, not worse.
- You don’t remember who you are as an individual. Healthy relationships consist of two complete people coming together and thriving, not two broken people that need someone else to be complete.
- Control is constant: there is a difference between fighting when actual problems arise and there being no rhyme or reason for back to back problems
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, chances are the relationship is toxic. Is it really worth it? Remember, you’re still awesome without a partner, you don’t need people that pare poisonous in your life.